Native Advertising/Brand Journalist
Career History & Accomplishments
Silent A Productions, Copywriter/Editor: 2001-2013
St. Petersburg, FL.
Freelance online copywriter/managing partner: Research, writing, editing and proofreading; emphasis on SEO marketing, web content and print.
- ColDesi/Colman And Company Inc.:
Staff Copywriter/Content Producer: Research, write and edit SEO/keyword-rich blog posts, press releases and related content.
Copywriter: Mobile applications whitepapers, copy for “POTUS” mobile app, landing pages, splash pages, press releases, blog posts and social media.
- Lazydays Inc.:
Copywriter: Research, write and edit lifestyle and technical print articles for BetterRVing Magazine.
- Ovation Technologies:
SEO Marketing, copywriting, editing and proofreading for Ovation Technologies blog, press releases and marketing material.
HRNewsDaily, Digital Producer/Publisher: 2012-2013 Tampa, Fla.
- Research, write and edit keyword/SEO content for HRNewsDaily.com: press releases, blog posts, news articles and whitepapers.
- Average daily reach: 300-500 unique visitors.
- Specialty: Software-as-a-Service, human resources, compliance, recruiting, hiring and onboarding.
- Social media integration: Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, Reddit, Digg, and StumbleUpon.
- Applied Google Analytics/AdWords for actionable insights to increase SEO functions.
- Created visual design components/ website layout.
- Self-hosted WordPress CMS/Theme development.
Media Best Interactive, Blogger: 2011-2012 Tampa FL.
- Research, write and edit professional keyword-rich web content: blog postings, SEO methods. Topics include investing, business, fitness and health. Content management through WordPress CMS.
Patch.com, Reporter/Editor: 2011-2012 Pinellas County, FL.
- Reporter and guest editor for hyper-local news website, subsidiary of AOL. Reporting emphasis: arts and local government.
- Produced and supervised online and multimedia web content, photos and blog posts. Utilized proprietary CMS, for web content and social media feeds.
Media Impact Advertising, Digital Producer: 2009-2011 Clearwater, FL.
- Writing, proofreading and editing creative and detailed content used in direct marketing, email campaigns, internal and external communications.
- Collaborated with artistic director, graphics design teams and writers to produce print, e-mail and marketing copy.
- Duties included SMS text copy, blog posts, social media and press releases applied SEO and keyword functions.
- Supervised script production for radio and TV spots.
- Responsible for a tenfold increase in response rate compared to previous promotions.
- Reporting, research, editing and writing for web content, print, electronic and broadcast, proficient in AP Style.
- Keyword-rich content for both SEO & SEM.
- Proficient in MS Office 2013 Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint), Open Office.
- Experienced in Adobe Acrobat Suite, Photoshop CS6, and WordPress. Proprietary CMS programs.
University of South Florida St. Petersburg, FL 2008-2010.
- BA in Mass Communications/Journalism: Magna cum Laude
- Kappa Tau Alpha; Journalism Honor Society
- Concentrations: Public Affairs Reporting, News Editing, Broadcast Writing, Online Marketing, Research Methods, Photojournalism, Media Law.
Kane’s Furniture, Consultant: 2007-2009 St. Petersburg, FL.
- Sales support and follow up. Salesperson of the Month (April 2008).
Cash America, Inc., Store Manager: 2000-2001 Tampa, FL.
- Responsible for operations of high-volume Pawn Shop/Payday Loan outlets.
- Provided superior customer service, confirmation of customer needs, and assessing value to products used for collateral.
Aaron Rents & Sells, Store Manager: 1996-2000 Colorado Springs, CO. & Cedar Park, TX.
- Accountable for all aspects of Colorado Springs profit center, including superior customer service, sales, ordering, P & L responsibilities and inventory control.
- Hired, trained and managed a staff of 15. Managed collections and credit accounts.
- Coordinated and maintained B2B marketing plan, leading Rent-to-Rent division in same-unit growth.
- Doubled store revenue and increased profits by 179 percent (1998-2000).
Color Tile & Carpet, Store Manager: 1992-1996 Los Angeles, CA & Austin, TX.
- Responsible for all levels of operations in the Austin (Burnet Rd.) retail outlet, including sales, P&L monitoring, merchandising, purchasing, inventory control, training, pricing, and customer service.
- Hired, trained and managed staff of 15.
- Sales volume and profits increased 20-25 percent. Annual store volume exceeded $1.25 million (1995-1996).
- USF Chancellor’s List Scholar (2009- 2010)
- USF Dean’s List (2008-2010)
- Osher Re-Entry scholarship: full merit-based USF scholarship
- President’s Club Awards (Color Tile, Inc.)
- Star Awards for outstanding customer service (Aaron Rents & Sells)
- National Writers Union UAW Local 1981
- Kappa Tau Alpha; Journalism Honor Society
- Law Society: University of South Florida St. Petersburg
- Natural and Transcendental Universal Reality Exploration (NATURE)