The New York Times is reporting that Newt Gingrich is using an anti-media campaign to continue his winning streak in Florida.
“With momentum on his side, Mr. Gingrich kept up the attacks on Sunday, accusing David Gregory, the moderator of NBC News’s “Meet the Press,” of distorting his record.”
Accusations against the media are nothing new for Gingrich, and the strategy appears to be working for him in the race to the Republican nomination. Right-wing commentators and bloggers seem to supporting his anti-media suspicions.
The Republican campaign comes to Florida with a debate at the University of South Florida tonight. The event, co-sponsored by NBC News and the Tampa Bay Times (name change… ugh), will be held at 8 p.m. at USF’s Marshall Center.
Gingrich Bets on Attack Mode Against News Media – NYTimes.com.
- Romney Steps Up Attacks (myfoxphoenix.com)
- Adam Putnam: Newt Gingrich’s “erratic temperament” wouldn’t work in the White House (tampabay.com)
- Newtclear attack on media continues (wdednh.wordpress.com)
- Romney Bashes Gingrich as “Disgrace” (markamerica.com)
- The battle for Florida begins in earnest (worldviewtonight.wordpress.com)
4 thoughts on “Gingrich Bets on Attack Mode Against News Media”