The flow of “Chi” (energy) from one entity to another is the basis of Feng Shui. The Chi energy in your environment influences your moods, emotions, physical energy and, over time, your health. Chi energy is carried through the environment by wind, water, the sun’s energy, light and sound. It flows in and out of buildings mainly through the doors and windows, but come Chi can enter and leave through the walls. The basic aim of Feng Shui is to enable you to position yourself where this natural flow of Chi helps you realize your goals and your dreams in life.
• Trim those shrubs, remove any items, such as trash bins, from your driveway or lawn and let people see your home first, not your clutter.
• To encourage positive living energy into the home, place two wide-leaved plants next to the main door. Having two on either side of your door encourages balance and good health and will help entice the energy in.
• A beautiful picture placed on the wall opposite the main door is used to encourage energy into the home and therefore opportunities to come into your life.
• Your main door should always open inwards into a wide space to invite the Chi and therefore opportunities into one’s life.
• The location of the door with regard to the sectors of the home indicate a priority to the occupants therefore if the door is located in the North sector, you will find that your career is a priority to you.
• Avoid facing a dark room, a direct interior staircase, mirror, stove, sink, fireplace, the door of a toilet, laundry, bathroom or bedroom. To remedy this, keep the doors closed or place a screen between the doors.