Not only did he fail to ignite passion in states like Iowa and New Hampshire, but it also hurt his popularity in his home state. An article on Slate.com cites recent polling from the Dallas Morning News putting Obama‘s job approval slightly higher than the long-time governor’s.
Only forty percent of those surveyed approved of Perry. That is three percent fewer than those who approve of Obama’s job performance. In addition, over half feel Perry should not run for another term, although he still has three years left in the job.
Three years? That should give him enough time to change things, or (hopefully) prepare for retirement from public life.
Read the original post here:
- “Texas Governor and GOP Presidential hopeful Rick Perry accused the Obama administration of…” (shortformblog.tumblr.com)
- Watch: Did Rick Perry Call on a Mannequin? (abcnews.go.com)
- Rick Santorum vs. Rick Perry: Former Senator Attacked On Earmarks By Texas Governor (huffingtonpost.com)
- Rick Perry Wants to Re-Invade Iraq (thehollywoodgossip.com)
- Rick Perry’s Taxpayer-Funded Security Costs Rise (kaystreet.wordpress.com)