In the world of vegetables, green, leafy kale stands out as one with the greatest health benefits. It is a dieter’s dream—versatile, delicious and crammed with nutrients. Kale can be used in a salad, added to a main dish or used as a different side dish.
For a green vegetable, kale is exceptionally high in fiber—the main nutrient helping you feel fuller longer. With less than 40 calories per one cup serving, kale is easy to introduce to any diet plan.
Some of the other health benefits of kale:
• High in antioxidants — kale is loaded with antioxidants—as many as 45 distinct flavonoids. Many, such as beta-carotene, are famous in the fight against heart disease and cancers.
• Calcium — kale is loaded with easy-to-absorb calcium, essential in preventing osteoporosis.
• Vitamin C — ascorbic acid is linked to preventing colds, flu’s and many diseases.
• Manganese — is a nutrient that deserves particular recognition. Manganese is a significant player in the maintenance of the body’s immune system. Kale helps by protecting you from damage by free radicals.
• Carotenoids — Kale contains lutein, a recommended material for healthy eyesight, the prevention of cataracts and macular degeneration. High levels of carotenoids are necessary for proper eye health.
• Omega-3 — a one cup serving of kale gives you almost 10 percent of the recommended daily amount of Omega-3 fatty acid, which helps fight infection. Coupled with Vitamin A, Omega-3 also is effective against both arthritis and asthma.
• Sulfur — high amounts of dietary sulfur help detoxify the body.
- The Truth About Kale: Nutrition, Recipe Ideas, and More (webmd.com)
- Singing the praises of kale (rakhealthmatters.wordpress.com)
- 7 Reasons Why Kale is the New Beef (whsword.wordpress.com)
- Why You Should Eat Brightly Colored Fruits and Vegetables (marksdailyapple.com)
- Raw/Vegan Delights. (ediblehealth.wordpress.com)
- Raw Kale Salad Recipe (lindawagner.net)
- Healthy Eating Quote (betsywild.wordpress.com)
- Spinach or Kale? (sweetlyvegan.com)
- Fight Fatigue With This Little Seed (deardieter.wordpress.com)
- 6 Superfoods for 2012 (nourishednutrition.com)
2 thoughts on “Health Benefits of Kale”