You don’t need a small fortune to create your own business. In fact, there are several jobs—fun and profitable jobs—that you can start now, and with little or no money:
Have you ever wished you could write a book? With self-publishing and e-books, you can be an author without going the traditional publishing route. On-demand publishing is another option—through companies like lulu.com—that make self-publishing affordable for budding writers.
Another writing career you could begin simply and for little cost. The challenges: finding a place with enough advertisers in a field where you are willing to write regular posts. Add to that having the energy and enthusiasm to connect with readers, so they will spread the word to their friends.
Dog Walker/Dog Sitter:
If you are in a major urban area—or somewhere with many dog owners—you help them take care of their dogs while they are at work.
Help people manage their hectic lives—from setting up garage sales to organizing their homes/offices. Offer your services for the logistics of a yard sale, or your abilities to keep things in order. This is especially convenient if you are a neat freak!
If you were good in school, and are willing to help others—you can put your academic skills to excellent use. Tutoring provides a service to struggling students, and you are paid by the hour.
Staging means preparing a home for an open house—from pleasing designs, and clean up to the proper placement of accessories to make a home more attractive. A good looking home sells faster, and for more money!
- To self-pub or not to self-pub – how I made my OLD SCHOOL decision (danielboshea.wordpress.com)
- The Failure of the Gatekeepers (teleread.com)
- 3 Things Every Children’s Writer Must Know (write4kids.com)
- Okay, I Admit It! (thestoryinme.wordpress.com)
- Home Business Ideas to Start a Legitimate Work at Home (gettingrealrecord.com)
- 5 Tips for Avoiding Credit Card Debt This Summer (turbotax.intuit.com)
- An Open Letter to New York Publishing (emmiemears.com)
- Traditional or Self-Publishing? (britdarby.com)
- Amazon – Beware of Greeks Bearing Gifts (warriorwriters.wordpress.com)
- Refurnish Your Home On A Measly Budget (And Pocket Thousands Of Dollars) (businessinsider.com)