I am sorry, but they cannot be considered “intelligent.”
There is just no way. The facts simply do not bear them out.
Do these ideologues REALLY know why “logical” bills get rejected? It is because political interests weigh the bill down with crap that the president cannot — in good conscious — pass.
The remedy is simple — read the bills (I do).
When the right ties a payroll tax reduction (a good idea in these times) to something, say, like the Keystone XL (for many, an environmental nightmare), and now you have a dilemma.
You see, that is the problem with ideological sloganeering — DUMBING DOWN the discourse, and preventing people from being informed!
So… yes, I will pick on those (not-so) intelligent people who are making their followers LESS INFORMED.
That, my friend, is dangerous.
… that is just STUPID.
- Obama vows to veto sidesteps to automatic cuts (marketwatch.com)
- White House says it doesn’t need to threaten veto of Republican tax bill (thehill.com)
- The Syrian Expatriates Organization Urges President Obama to Pressure Russia Not to Veto UNSC Resolution (prweb.com)
- Won’t say ‘veto’ – W.H. dodges payroll tax queries (politico.com)
- House passes REINS Act: Obama threatens veto (junkscience.com)
- THE HILL: House GOP releases payroll-tax package under Obama veto threat. “The legislation will ad… (pjmedia.com)
- There will be cuts – A veto threat from Obama (politico.com)
- Poison pill, veto bait and Social Insecurity (sfgate.com)
- Obama threatens veto of House tax bill (thehill.com)
- Obama threathens veto of Republican payroll tax deal (forexlive.com)
- Veto threat – Obama may block regulatory act (politico.com)
- Boehner to Obama: Thanks for the veto threat! (hotair.com)
- Russia and China brave Arab and Western fury to veto UN resolution on Syria (telegraph.co.uk)
- White House: ‘No wiggle room’ on Obama veto threat (thehill.com)
- Petition For Obama To Veto SOPA And PIPA (buzzfeed.com)
- Will Obama veto the defense authorization bill? (hotair.com)
- Romney says Obama infringing upon religious rights (politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com)
- Blink: Carney Won’t Say If Obama Would Veto An Payroll Tax-cut Extension If Bundled With Keystone XL Push (minx.cc)
- Syria blasts rebel city of Homs as cheering crowds gather to welcome Russian Foreign Minister (news.nationalpost.com)
- White House threatens veto of GOP regulatory bills (seattletimes.nwsource.com)
- Obama issues veto threat (politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com)
- White House threatens veto of GOP regulatory bills (sfgate.com)
- Enviros to sue to stop Keystone XL if Obama folds (junkscience.com)
- President Obama Threatens to Veto Any Changes to $1.2 Trillion in Cuts After Super Committee Failure (crooksandliars.com)
- Obama To Veto Anti-Net-Neutrality Legislation (yro.slashdot.org)
- House GOP balking at two-month extension of payroll-tax holiday (hotair.com)
- Of Oil and the Undead: A Keystone XL Update (throughagreenlens.com)
- Pipeline Tax Cut Tangle (thepage.time.com)
- The House Passes the Payroll Tax Bill (turbotax.intuit.com)
- Democrats blast bill approving Keystone XL as power grab (mysanantonio.com)
- Joke Bumper Stickers To Mess With Your Friends (holytaco.com)
- Poll: Americans Don’t Want the Keystone XL Tar Sands Oil Pipeline (sierraclub.typepad.com)
- Republicans Demand to Kill the Keystone XL Pipeline (news.firedoglake.com)
- The Intelligent Being Led by the Dumb (carpebootium.wordpress.com)