Northrop Grumman and Taco Bell Rank as Best Performing Companies for Social Media Recruiting
The Social Recruitment Monitor is what global branding agency Maximum Employment Marketing Group used to monitor and measure the effectiveness of global social media recruiting. This first-of-its-kind metric is an online benchmark tool that studies social media recruiting objectively and fact-based.
Maximum designed The Social Recruitment Monitor, to help employers gauge the engagement and reach of their social media recruiting efforts. Out of the 109 U.S. corporations measured, Northrop Grumman and Taco Bell have the best social media recruiting.
The two companies were the most effective in generating likes, follows, engagement and community interaction with fans, customers and job seekers.
Maximum measured every company by a series of weighted variables to determine popularity, activity and interaction; not simply numbers of “likes” or “followers.” The tool uses up-to-date analysis of likes, comments, shares, as well as metrics called Engagement Ratios (E.R.) and Community Interaction (C.I.).
A calculation of the cumulative analysis of all data arrived at an SRM Index score. Now companies can compare themselves to competition, both national and global. The SRM Index is a definitive metric for the performance of a given business.
Other takeaways of the initial SRM report:
- The current findings by SRM show that U.S. employers using Facebook for recruitment have an average weekly SRM Index score of 14.10. The aerospace and defense technology company Northrop Grumman had a score of 35.10, making it the top employer in the SRM
- The size of the average fan base of a U.S. Facebook career page is 14,382. Verizon Wireless has the largest fan base, with 165,419 “likes” as of April 1.
- Using Facebook, employers in the U.S. post on average 6.2 times per week. The average weekly U.S. Engagement Ratio score, which measures feedback from fans in terms of likes, comments and shares, is 0.37%.
- Employers using Twitter for recruitment have an average weekly SRM index score of 17.51. Taco Bell (@TacoBellCareers) had a score of 44.31, making it the top employer in the Monitor.
- The average number of followers of a Twitter career account is 5,808. Starbucks (@StarbucksJobs) has the largest number of followers: 55,463 as of April 1.
- Employers using Twitter for recruitment post on average 23 tweets per week. The average weekly E.R. score is 0.14%.