Do you know what your background check would reveal? Future employers will probably find out!
Why do employers check the background of prospective employees?
Recent SHRM research reports that 69 percent of companies perform background checks on all candidates. Most companies (62 percent) that do background checks only do so after a job offer has been made.
The reasons employers order background checks?
- 53 percent of job applications include incorrect info.
- 10 percent of all background checks reveal a significant implication. (Society of Human Resource Professionals)
- Workplace violence accounts for 18 percent of all serious crimes. (Bureau of Justice Statistics)
- 30 percent of business failures are caused by employee theft. (American Management Association)
- Costs of a poor hire are about 30 percent of the potential first-year salary. (US Department of Labor)
- 16 percent of executive resumes contain false academic claims. (Business Week)
Negligent hiring lawsuits are on the rise….